ARPSC Board and Membership
The Oakland County Amateur Radio Public Service Corps (ARPSC) meets on the first Wednesday of each month at 7:00 pm. Meetings are usually held at the Oakland County Emergency Operations Center (EOC). Some meetings are held at the Oakland County Executive Office Building.
All are welcome at these meetings. Please note that the Emergency Operations Center is a secured facility. Access to the facility is restricted to authorized personnel only. If you are not yet a member of the Oakland County ARPSC, please contact one of the officers below to let us know you are planning to attend. Licensed amateurs are encouraged to attend and to become active.
- Check-in during at least one Thursday night net per quarter
- Attendance of at least one monthly meeting per year
- Completion of IS-909 within three months of approval of membership (IS-909 is now used because IS-22 is no longer offered)
- Completion of the current IS-100, IS-200, IS-700, and IS-800 within six months of membership approval.
RACES membership will require:
- Completion of the above general membership requirements
- If you have completed IS-2 or IS-22, the IS-909 requirement is waived.
- If you have completed earlier versions of IS-100, IS-200, IS-700, or IS-800, the requirement for current version is waived for ARPSC membership. Completion of earlier versions will fully satisfy credentialing requirements.
- If you are participating in a state sponsored courses (i.e. AUXCOM, COM-L, COM-T, etc.), the latest versions of these IS courses are required. This is a state requirement, not an Oakland County ARPSC requirement.
The Board positions are listed in the roster below. Contact the AEC or Specialty Officer of the area you are interested in to find out more, or how to get involved. We can always use more help, and it is a great way to get involved. You can always just come to a meeting and offer your assistance!
If you would like to join the Oakland County ARPSC Click here. Fill it out and bring it to a meeting or mail it in to the address on the application. We're looking forward to you joining us!
ARPSC LEADERSHIP TEAM
|ARPSC Emergency Coordinator||Jim Richards||AB8JR|
|AEC-Digital Communications Systems||Kenneth Pearce||N4KCD|
|AEC-Digital Data Systems||Del Beauchamp||WW2MI|
|AEC-Education and Training||Kevin Scheid||KS8KS|
|AEC-Hospital Emergency Team Coordinator||Brad Maney||KD8QPF|
|AEC-Incident Command System Compliance||Roberta Beauchamp||K8NET|
|AEC-Nets, Communications, and Website||Michael Vander Veer||KD8ATK|
|AEC-Skywarn Operations||Theodore Davis||N8ZSA|
|Specialty Officer-National Traffic System Liaison||Mark Shaw||K8ED|
|Specialty Officer-National Weather Service Liaison||Maurice Davidson||K8SJD|
|Specialty Officer-Secretary||James Murphy||N8SML|